First up – this is a folk music festival!
- If you are likely to be disturbed by people sessioning into the early hours of the morning and starting up early the next day please do not camp on-site but take advantage of the many local caravan and camping areas in the Bega Valley.
- Musicians have been starved of opportunities to play together for the past several years and there will be late night sessions.
- Sessioners and pickers – please keep it acoustic!
Camping and Caravan information
- Camping is available at the festival site on the Cobargo Showground, just five minutes from Cobargo Village. Showers and toilets available. Showground Camping is only available to weekend ticket holders and must be pre-purchased online.
- No powered sites are available.
- You can read our complete Camping Guide here (PDF)
- Children under 12 may camp free of charge but must be accompanied by an adult ticket holder.
- For insurance purposes and in order to be fair with the allocation of camping spots, there will be no admission to the festival site until 10 am on Thursday 29 February 2024, except for authorised volunteers working on pre-festival set-up teams, and performers.
- If you plan to arrive in Cobargo before Thursday 29 February, the Cobargo Hotel can accommodate Caravans and RVs at the back of the pub. There is a dump point at the hotel. There are no dump points at the Showground.
- The festival program will start in the afternoon of Friday 1 March.
- The 2024 entertainment zone will include the Arena. Some camping will be allowed on the Arena this year.
- The festival is located on a rural showground which is used by many residents, other local community groups and for grazing cattle. Please help us do the right thing by observing our NO GLASS policy especially in the licensed zone.
- The summer is going to be a scorcher and there will be a total fire ban in place. DO NOT light fires in the campsite. This includes wood burning camping stoves. You will be asked to shut down any fires.
- We’d also be very grateful if you would compost, recycle or take your garbage home with you. We have a ZERO LANDFILL objective for this event. Local landfill is under pressure and your help in making sure we redirect as much waste as possible from our local tips would be greatly appreciated. Please do what you can to avoid bringing non-recycleable or non-compostable stuff to the event.
Good quality tourism accommodation is available within a short drive of Cobargo and we encourage you to help our local tourism industry by considering staying in off-site accommodation. Some options are:
Bermagui Seaview Beach Houses
Moonrise on the River
Cobargo Information Centre (02) 6493 6110 hrs 10am – 4pm (except Tues & Wed closed)
Bermagui Visitor Information Centre (02) 6493 3054
Merimbula Tourism (02) 6495 1129 Freecall 1800150 457