Why volunteer @ CFF?
- Receive a weekend pass including camping to the WHOLE festival in exchange for eight hours of volunteer work.
- Receive invitations to pre- and post- festival volunteer events.
- Gain first-hand experience in the organisational needs of a successful community music festival.
- References available upon request.
- Support a fabulous community event, connect to the local community and the broader folk community.
- Meet and work with like-minded people, whilst having heaps of fun
How Many Volunteer hours are required?
- Eight (8) hours of volunteer work is the minimum contribution required. It must be remembered that volunteers do not receive a free ticket. Instead, volunteers are receiving a ticket in exchange for eight hours (minimum) of donated time. The festival values the hard work of our volunteers just as much as the volunteers appreciate their hard-earned ticket.
I am under-18. Can I volunteer?
- CFF volunteers must be aged 15 years and over, for legal reasons. If you would like to volunteer as an under-18 you will need to have an adult (25 years +) on the site for the duration of the festival. They will need to sign you in at the check in table.
- Under-18 volunteers only need to contribute 5 hours of volunteer time in exchange for a weekend pass to the WHOLE festival- includes camping!
- Like other volunteers, under-18 volunteers must agree to the Terms of Agreement and the Volunteer Code of Conduct. Failure to abide by the code will result in your accompanying adult being notified and ejection from the festival site
What is the volunteer Code of Conduct ?
- Every volunteer must sign the Code of Conduct
- The Yuin Folk Club expects volunteers, contractors, stallholders, performers, consultant or any other contributors to observe this Code of Conduct.
The Code of Conduct requires volunteers to:
- Display a respectful, friendly and approachable manner;
- Display respect and acceptance to all, ensuring an enjoyable, fun, safe experience that embraces diversity regardless of race, age, religion, appearance, gender or sexuality;
- Support a positive working environment free from intimidation, bullying, ridicule, harassment and abuse;
- Promote a sense of community where the significance of each and every contribution that creates the festival spirit is valued;
- Use respectful communication when dealing with others;
- Comply at all times with the Yuin Folk Club Inc and Cobargo Folk Festival’s policies and procedures;
- Comply with all relevant state and Commonwealth legislation, laws and regulations;
- Not be under the effects of drugs or alcohol when undertaking volunteer duties;
- Adhere to the principles of privacy and confidentiality and not disclose any information, contracts, documents, resources or personal details to any third party whilst associated with the Festival or any time thereafter unless required to do so by law.
Roles and Responsibilities with Respect to the Code of Conduct
- The Yuin Folk Club Inc Committee is responsible for ratifying the Code of Conduct and for reviewing it as necessary. The Code of Conduct is available to all volunteers via this website.
- Cobargo Folk Festival Managers and/or Team Leaders/Coordinators should ensure that volunteers sign the Code of Conduct before commencing work;
- Individuals are accountable for their own actions and decisions and must act in accordance with the Human Rights Act 2004 and all other applicable laws and regulations and the Organisation’s Code of Conduct;
- Volunteers should be mindful of, and responsive to, circumstances/situations/issues that demand attention; and
- Use sound judgment and common sense to recognise and resolve issues that can be resolved immediately and reporting as appropriate, any issues that need to be dealt with by Team Leaders or Team Managers.
Terms of Agreement for Volunteers
- I agree to abide by the Yuin Folk Club’s Code of Conduct;
- I agree to carry out my volunteer tasks according to the hours and checklists provided and to contact my Team Coordinator and notify the Volunteer Coordinator as early as possible if circumstances prevent my commencing a shift;
- I am aware that the Festival has processes and procedures in place and will ensure that all volunteers have access to these prior to the commencement of the festival;
- If I breach the Code of Conduct, I acknowledge that I may be relieved of my duties and be escorted from the site and that breaches may affect my volunteer applications to CFF in the future
- I acknowledge that Yuin Folk Club inc agrees to treat any breaches of the code of conduct fairly, equitably and in accordance to their approved processes and procedures;
For further information please contact: Ali Taylor, Volunteers Manager firstname.lastname@example.org — 0418611831 (TEXTS ONLY PLEASE)