The Yuin Folk Club and the Cobargo Folk Festival (the Organisation) are committed to ensuring that all activities, promoted and presented by the Organisation, provide a safe and secure opportunity for people of all ages to experience and participate in a positive and harmonious event.
To ensure a proper level of security and safety, particularly for those who are under 18, we have introduced this Youth Policy, which forms part of our Conditions of Entry for the Cobargo Folk Festival and the camping areas within the Festival site. This policy is in keeping with those of other festivals around the country.
This Youth Policy applies to:
. Youth Ticket buyers
. Programmed Youth Performers
. Volunteer Youth Performers at The Crossing venue
. Youth Festival Volunteers
For the purpose of this policy: A Youth is determined to be between 13 and 17 years of age.
A Guardian is determined to be a responsible adult, aged 25 years or older (with valid proof of age identification if requested) who will:
• Be at the Festival site at all times that youth in their care are at the Festival site
• Be contactable by mobile phone at all times that youth in their care are at the Festival site
• Advise youth in their care of the consequences of breaches of the Terms and Conditions Record of Guardian The name and contact details for the Guardian and the name/s of youth in their care must be recorded at the Ticket Office prior to entry to the Festival site.
Ticket Office personnel have a register for this purpose.
Youth Ticket Buyers Youth Tickets (13 – 17 years old) can only be purchased in conjunction with an Adult Ticket (Guardian).
A maximum of 3 Youth Tickets can be purchased with each Adult Ticket (Guardian).
If a fourth youth requires supervision, and is not part of a family group, another Guardian must accompany the group.
(NOTE: A family group means immediate family members who would normally reside together ie siblings and not extended family members).
Youth Ticket Buyers and Adult Ticket (Guardian) buyers agree to the Terms and Conditions and Festival Etiquette as determined by the Organisation.
Breaches of the Terms and Conditions
If a situation occurs where the youth has breached any of the Terms or Conditions of Entry or Festival Etiquette and the Guardian cannot be located or contacted, the police will be contacted to take appropriate action.
Any breach of the Terms and Conditions by a Youth Ticket Buyer will result in refusal of entry and/or eviction from the site – no exceptions.
Where an Adult Ticket buyer (Guardian) has breached the Terms and Conditions, all youth under their supervision will be required to leave the site unless a replacement Guardian can be identified.
Where a change of Guardian has been necessary, the contact information for that person must be recorded at the Ticket Office for all the youth the previous Guardian had been responsible for.
The Site Manager will coordinate with Ticket office personnel to ensure this change of contact information is recorded. In the event of an eviction from the site, no ticket refunds will be given.
Youth Participants at the Festival and Their Entitlements
The Organisation is committed to providing opportunities for young people to participate within the Festival and their community as:
• A programmed youth performer
• A volunteer youth performer at The Crossing Youth Stage
• A volunteer youth Programmed Youth Performers Young performers (under 18 years of age) who are booked by the Artistic Director to perform within the Festival’s main program schedules must be accompanied by at least one Guardian and that Guardian must be on site at all times the Youth performer is on site.
Programmed Youth Performers are entitled to:
• Entry to the Festival for the weekend (including camping if applicable)
• Entry to the Festival for family members for the weekend (including camping if applicable) which includes:
a.A maximum of 2 adult tickets for parents and/or guardians
b.Siblings who are under 18 years of age are included for free
c. Siblings who are over 18 years of age must purchase a Ticket
NOTE: At least one family member must be over 25 years of age and fulfil the role of Guardian. Volunteer Youth Performer at The Crossing Youth Stage Young performers who are accepted to perform on The Crossing stage must be accompanied by at least one Guardian (if under the age of 18) and that Guardian must be on site at all times the Youth performer is on site.
Volunteer youth performers are entitled to:
• Entry to the Festival on the day of their performance
• Entry to the Festival on the day of their performance for one Guardian Youth Festival
Volunteer Youth Festival Volunteers are young people selected by the Volunteer Manager to assist with Tidy Up and Raffles during the Festival. Youth Festival Volunteers provide SIX hours of labour in exchange for entry to the Festival. Youth Festival Volunteers are expected to attend the Volunteer Orientation prior to the Festival and are responsible to the Volunteer Manager.